Ready Time: 40 Minutes
- 2/3 pound (2 medium) unpeeled potatoes, shredded
- 1 medium (6-inch) carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium (5 to 6-inch) zucchini, shredded
- 1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Enclose the three shredded vegetables in a clean kitchen towel; wring over sink to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Place vegetables in large bowl and immediately mix in bell pepper, onions, egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper to blend thoroughly.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
- With ¼-cup measure, portion mixture into skillet to make four pancakes, pressing down to flatten each mound to about 1/3 inch, and spacing apart.
- Fry until well browned on bottom sides, about 4 minutes. Flip and brown reverse sides.
- Remove with spatula and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining oil and potato mixture.
- Serve hot with sour cream, if desired.
Recipe by United States Potato Board; Potatogoodness.com