“A combination of honey and cinnamon is known to help relieve stomachache. The pair – which are packed with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties – not only treats ulcers but also reduces gas in the stomach.” – Aylin Erman for EcoSalon
Cinnamon bread is no doubt delicious, best described as tasty, rich, fluffy, healthy … and very much worthy of your efforts in the kitchen.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 heaping tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in another bowl.
3. Beat in the eggs, salt, vanilla and lemon zest.
4. Mix 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Mix 1/2 of the buttermilk into the wet ingredients.
6. Mix 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
7. Mix the remaining buttermilk into the wet ingredients.
8. Mix 1/3 the remaining dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
9. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
10. Pour 1/3 of the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
11. Pour 1/3 of the cinnamon mixture on top.
12. Pour 1/3 of the batter on top.
13. Pour 1/3 of the cinnamon mixture on top.
14. Pour the remaining batter on top.
15. Pour the remaining cinnamon mixture on top.
16. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about an hour.
DUNIA Issue 10 – featuring U.S. Congresswoman KAREN BASS (D-CA) now available
Be a fan of Dunia on FACEBOOK
Participate in a Dunia POLL
Join our mailing list for your free monthly newsletter